CIRI accepts applications for the 12 week summer internship program year round with a deadline of the second Friday in May to be considered for the current year’s program. Intern positions are determined each year and are dependent upon applicant interest and department availability. Please indicate areas in which you would like to gain experience in your cover letter. For questions, please contact Darla Graham, Manager, Talent Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-263-5562.
Through a 12-week internship, gain professional work experience by applying education in a practical work setting in a focused area of interest.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Provide administrative support to department staff as required.
- Identify and participate in a goal setting process to determine learning objectives.
- Observe and assist with department programs, services, research, and other tasks.
- Attend meetings and trainings as appropriate to acquire knowledge and skills within the department.
- Organize and assist in implementing strategies for special projects.
- Prepare project reports and progress summaries on assignments.
- Complete a learning summary presentation to be presented to CIRI management upon completion of internship.
- Learn and understand CIRI’s mission, vision and strategic focus areas and incorporate knowledge into daily activities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond effectively and sensitively to questions from staff of CIRI and its subsidiaries.
- Good interpersonal and public contact skills; ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff of CIRI and affiliated-company employees; exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others.
- Good organizational skills; ability to think strategically, solve problems and exercise good judgment.
- Work independently as well as on a team and with minimal supervision.
- Work well under pressure and prioritize workload.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential information.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
- Must be able to kneel, crawl, bend and twist at the waist on an occasional basis
- Must be able to reach at, above and below shoulder height with regular frequency
- Must be able to push, pull, carry and lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, and greater weights on an occasional basis
- Must possess sufficient fine and gross motor skills to operate computers and other equipment as required
- CIRI executives, management and staff
- Executives, management and staff of CIRI affiliated entities
Enrolled and in junior or senior standing of a four year degree program; OR recently graduated from a four year degree program; OR enrolled or recently graduated from an applicable vocational training program. Must have a GPA of 2.0 or above. Must be a CIRI shareholder and/or descendant.
Apply for Internship