Realizing opportunities made possible through Alaska Native ownership
Alaska Native ownership can provide advantages when it comes to certain federal and state government contracts. CIRI actively looks to capitalize on these opportunities to invest in businesses that provide essential services to state and federal government while producing excellent growth and returns for our shareholders.
ANC Research & Development LLC (ANC R&D)
Technology and solutions that take innovation to the skies, and beyond
ANC Research & Development LLC (ANC R&D) is wholly owned by CIRI and certified in 2006 by the U.S. Small Business Administration as an 8(a) company that supports U.S. defense agencies, other government agencies and private contractors. The company’s combination of in-house service capabilities and Alaska Native ownership enable government and private contractors to meet project requirements while also meeting minority procurement goals.
Providing engineering and technical assistance, information technology, program and project management and civil construction, among other services, ANC R&D is one more example of how CIRI invests in the technologies and expertise needed to be successful, no matter the industry.
Visit ancrd.com to learn more.
- Founded in 2005 to provide air and missile defense support to the U.S. Department of Defense
- Developing an Army prototype mobile satellite communications platform, helping manage Army databases and designing test missile defense infrastructure
- Implementing leading-edge information technology and processes and procedures for the Air Force at locations around the nation
North Wind Group
Combining science and engineering excellence to tackle environmental challenges
As part of its commitment to responsible resource development and sound environmental stewardship, CIRI owns The North Wind Group and its family of 8(a)-certified companies based in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Dedicated to maintaining an outstanding safety record and known for exceeding customer requirements and expectations, the North Wind Group companies provide a broad spectrum of environmental- and construction-related services for government and private projects.
The North Wind Group’s client portfolio includes the federal departments of Energy, Defense, Interior, Agriculture and Homeland Security, NASA and commercial interests like Bechtel, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Duke Energy and General Electric.
Visit northwindgrp.com to learn more.
- Offers natural and cultural resource consulting, geographic information, public involvement and information technology resources
- Manages 21 offices and hundreds of project sites across the U.S., employing more than 350 highly skilled workers
- Over 15 years of operation, has maintained a record of zero recordable incidents or lost-time accidents for all Department of Energy, Department of Defense, and Department of Homeland Security clients
CIRI Services Corp.
Delivering construction, research and development services through a collection of specialized companies
CIRI Services Corporation is the parent company of Weldin Construction, Silver Mountain Construction and ANC Research & Development. CIRI Services Corporation provides project management and administrative services, including construction management, estimating, accounting, contract administration, and safety oversight to its subsidiaries, as well as other commercial clients.
Visit ciriservices.com to learn more.
- Extensive expertise in the military construction and government contracting sectors
- Consistently delivers results that exceeds performance standards and client expectations
- Parent company of Weldin Construction, Silver Mountain Constructions and AND Research & Development
Silver Mountain Construction
Specialized construction from an SBA 8(a)-certified company
CIRI constantly seeks out business ventures that fill important gaps in the industries we serve. Specializing in vertical infrastructure, military fueling, process piping and civil and underground construction projects, Silver Mountain Construction LLC, an 8(a)-certified company wholly owned by CIRI, represents the kind of forward-thinking, industry-responsive enterprise that has allowed to us work with the U.S. Army Corps of Engingeers, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Army and the U.S. Coast Guard, as well as commercial entities.
Visit silvermountainconstruction.com to learn more.
- Team leaders have more than 30 years of experience in Alaska’s construction industry
- Full range of construction and construction management services
- Military process piping and fuel divisions
- Alaska Native minority-owned business
Weldin Construction LLC
A local, award-winning Alaskan contractor serving every level of government
As another specialized company that serves a unique market niche, Weldin Construction LLC, a wholly-owned CIRI subsidiary, puts its construction and management expertise to work developing custom solutions to overcome project challenges. Weldin Construction has completed hundreds of projects throughout Alaska and the Pacific Rim since its inception in 1991, earning numerous outstanding performance and safety awards.
Services include excavation and site reclamation; military fuel systems construction, maintenance and repair; electrical systems for commercial, industrial and controls projects; vertical construction/design-build; and road and highway construction.
Visit weldin.com to learn more.
- More than $250 million in prime contracts since 1996 for governmental agencies, including the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard
- Known for delivering technically sophisticated projects and general civil construction projects on time and on budget
- Holds numerous multi-year construction contracts at military bases in Alaska