CIRI shareholders and descendants age 18+ who have experienced negative financial impacts because of COVID-19 may apply for cash assistance.
The Direct Assistance Program (DAP) is a CIRI program funded through the company’s allocation of Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding. It is administered by Cook Inlet Tribal Council.
The DAP is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- CIRI shareholders and descendants 18+ years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Have experienced negative financial impacts from COVID-19
To be eligible, applicants do not need to live in the Cook Inlet region or the state of Alaska; DAP funds are available to ALL shareholders and descendants who meet certain criteria, regardless of where they live.
The program provides eligible shareholders and descendants up to $1,500 for themselves and up to $500 for each eligible dependent under the age of 18.
If you are a descendant who has not yet registered with CIRI, you can still qualify for the DAP by filling out the one-page Descendant Registration Form and submitting it along with your completed DAP application. If available, the legal documents to support descendancy should be submitted with the application, unless they are unavailable at this time.
The application window opened Sept. 1. There are limited funds available for the DAP; eligible shareholders and descendants may apply through the Oct. 15, 2021, deadline or until funds are expended, whichever occurs first.
For information and to apply, visit ciri.com/CARES
- Information, including a list of frequently asked questions, is available at ciri.com/CARES.
- For questions about descendant registration, email CIRI Shareholder Relations at [email protected] or call (907) 263-5191 / (800) 764- 2474 during regular business hours.
- If you require a paper DAP application, contact Cook Inlet Tribal Council at (907) 891-7222.