Adapted from the recipe by Lyuba Brooke, www.willcookforsmiles.com
As the author wrote about this recipe,“Beautiful, sweet, fruity, aromatic and easy are just a few words to describe this delicious pastry. It’s the perfect treat to make for Mother’s Day.”
Start to finish: 40 minutes (10 minutes active)
10 ounces strawberries, blueberries or your favorite berry
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 vanilla bean
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated sugar
12- ounce package crescent dinner rolls (Pillsbury™ Big & Flaky preferred)
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper.
- Place berries in a small sauce pot. (If using larger berries, such as strawberries, chop into bite-size pieces.)
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise using a paring knife and scrape the seeds into the pot. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix until incorporated.
- Simmer over medium heat 13-15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is cooked out. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Open the crescent dough, unroll it and cut the predesignated triangles.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon of berry mixture over each triangle. Carefully roll up the triangles, starting at the wide end. Lay on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle on rolled pastries.
- Bake for 15 minutes until pastries are raised and golden brown.