Professional Development, Encouragement, Support and Empowerment Guided by Alaska Native Values
With the goal of providing professional and personal enrichment to maximize potential, develop skills, improve performance and achieve goals, CIRI’s virtual mentoring program provides mentorship in several areas—careers, culture, board membership and more.
Unlike traditional top-down mentoring, CIRI’s program cultivates a reciprocal relationship between mentor and mentee, where each participant develops his/her skills through a two-way transfer of experience and perspective. CIRI will host orientations and monthly workshops/events for both mentors and mentees. Participants will gain exposure to virtual networking opportunities; form lasting relationships; and learn about resources and information to benefit their personal and professional development.
Matching will be done through a competitive process, and CIRI will help guide and support the program. Applications for the program are accepted year-round. Participants must be 18+ and can live anywhere in the world. Mentee applicants should be CIRI shareholders or descendants; prospective mentors can come from the broader community. Participants must commit to a six-month program.
- Leverage experience to benefit mentees
- Opportunity to hone interpersonal and managerial skills
- Expand perspectives and ways of thinking
- Engage with and help develop the next generation of CIRI shareholders and descendants
- Satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Perpetuation of knowledge, culture and values
- Networking opportunities with other professionals
- Gain valuable insight from subject matter experts in the area(s) of desired mentorship
- Form lasting relationships
- Play to strengths and identify areas of improvement and growth
- Gain exposure to a variety of viewpoints and perspectives
- Access to professional development resources and information
- Accomplish goals and gain confidence
- Receive customized coaching and encouragement
- Remove barriers and celebrate successes!
How to Apply
The first cohort application deadline is July 2, 2021. Both mentees and mentors must commit to the program for six months. To apply, complete the online application form:
For more information, review the detailed program overview. If you have questions, email Darla Graham, senior manager, CIRI shareholder engagement. To register as a CIRI descendant, visit ciri.com/nextgen.