Realizing opportunities made possible through Alaska Native ownership
Alaska Native ownership can provide advantages when it comes to certain federal and state government contracts, including providing large business delivery capabilities and low risk with the benefit of strong financials, $450 million in bonding, back-office technologies, bench strength and a high percentage of self-performance. CIRI actively looks to capitalize on these opportunities to invest in businesses that provide essential services to state and federal government while producing excellent growth and returns for our shareholders.
North Wind Group
Small business leaders in the environmental, engineering, construction and technical consulting industries
As part of its commitment to responsible resource development and sound environmental stewardship, CIRI owns the North Wind Group, a family of 8(a)-certified, HUBZone and Small Disadvantaged Business companies based in Idaho Falls, Idaho, with six regional offices providing local project delivery and support. Dedicated to maintaining an outstanding health and safety culture and performance record, with a current experience modification rate (EMR) of 0.76, and known for exceeding customer requirements and expectations, North Wind Group companies provide a broad spectrum of services for government and private projects.
- Construction services
- Environmental services
- Facility operation and infrastructure services
- Technical and engineering services
The North Wind Group’s client portfolio includes federal clients such as the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Energy (DOE), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Department of the Interior (DOI), Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), National Park Service (NPS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), U.S. Fish and Wildlife (USFW) and the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA). It also includes commercial clients like Bechtel, Fluor, Jacobs, Atkins, CDM Smith, Aptim and Weston.
Visit northwindgrp.com to learn more.
- Offers natural and cultural resource consulting, geographic information, public involvement and information technology resources
- Manages 35-plus offices and hundreds of project sites across the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Canada and Guam, employing more than 1,400 highly skilled workers
- Over 22 years of operation, has maintained a record of zero recordable incidents or lost-time accidents for all DOE, DoD and DHS clients
- Utilizes the DCAA-approved Deltek Costpoint accounting system
- ISO 9001, NQA-1 2015 certified
- Active DoD security clearances and DOE FOCI
Silver Mountain Group, LLC
Specialized construction from an SBA 8(a)-certified company
CIRI constantly seeks out business ventures that fill important gaps in the industries we serve. Specializing in vertical infrastructure, military fueling, process piping, and civil and underground construction projects, Silver Mountain Construction, LLC, an 8(a)-certified company and subsidiary of North Wind Group, represents the kind of forward-thinking, industry-responsive enterprise that has allowed it to work with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, NASA and the U.S. Coast Guard, as well as commercial entities. As a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA), Silver Mountain is dedicated to innovation, sustainment and project delivery.
Visit northwindgrp.com/silver-mountain-construction-llc/ to learn more.
- Team leaders have more than 30 years of experience in the construction industry
- Full range of construction and construction management services
- Military process piping and fuel divisions
- Alaska Native minority-owned business
Weldin Construction, LLC
A local, award-winning Alaskan contractor serving every level of government
As another specialized company that serves a unique market niche, Weldin Construction LLC, also a wholly-owned CIRI subsidiary of North Wind Group, is a HUBZone small business that puts its construction and management expertise to work developing custom solutions to overcome project challenges. Weldin Construction has completed hundreds of projects throughout Alaska, the continental U.S. and the Indo-Pac region since its inception in 1991, earning numerous outstanding performance and safety awards.
Services include excavation and site reclamation; military fuel systems construction, maintenance and repair; electrical systems for commercial, industrial and controls projects; vertical construction, design-build and design-bid-build; and road and highway construction.
Visit northwindgrp.com/weldin-construction-llc/to learn more.
- More than $250 million in prime contracts since 1996 for governmental agencies, including the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard
- Known for delivering technically sophisticated projects and general civil construction projects on time and on budget
- Holds numerous multi-year construction contracts at military bases in Alaska