Adapted from the recipe by Ashley Fehr, thereciperebel.com.
As the author wrote about this recipe, “These pumpkin cheesecake bars are smooth, luscious and full of pumpkin spice flavor, plus they’re easy to make ahead and freeze for later.”
START TO FINISH: 1 hour 15 minutes (20 minutes active)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 packages cream cheese (16 ounces total)
1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9″x9″″pan with parchment paper or spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, flour and sugar with a fork until crumbly. Press into prepared pan and bake 13-15 minutes, until dry on top but not brown.
- Remove crust from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and ginger and beat until combined.
- Pour pumpkin-cheesecake filling into crust and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the edges are firm but the middle still jiggles slightly (it will appear dry completely across the top).
- Remove from the oven and set on the counter to cool to room temperature (this can take several hours). Cover loosely with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight until completely chilled. Serve with whipped cream and/or a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.