Submitted by Raven’s Circle reader Nate Teague. As the author wrote about this recipe, “A delicious, refreshing sorbet full of yummy raspberries. Serve on its own or topped with fresh fruit.”
START TO FINISH: 6 hours (includes freezing time; 15 minutes active)
1 pound raspberries
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
Juice of 1 small lemon
- Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir on low heat until dissolved. Continue cooking for a little longer (around 60 seconds).
- Pour the sugar syrup into a large bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Blend the raspberries in a food processor and then pass through a fine mesh strainer.
- Combine the strained raspberries and sugar syrup. Cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Add cooled mixture to ice cream machine and churn as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Scoop into an airtight container and freeze until hardened (2 to 3 hours).