Friendship Potlatches offer CIRI shareholders an opportunity to socialize and celebrate important cultural traditions with family and friends. Every year, the potlatch program includes cultural entertainment, children’s activities, Alaska Native arts and crafts booths, CIRI-affiliated nonprofit information booths, door prizes and a meal that includes traditional Alaska Native foods.
The Friendship Potlatches are open to CIRI shareholders, confirmed CIRI descendants and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, children and parents). Daycare is available upon advance request.
Saturday, Oct. 14 • 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Kenai Middle School, Kenai, Alaska
RSVP by 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 6
Sunday, Oct. 22 • 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Begich Middle School, Anchorage, Alaska
RSVP by 3 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 16
Saturday, Nov. 4 • 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Chief Leschi School, Puyallup, Wash.
RSVP by 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27
Please RSVP and help CIRI plan for enough food for attendees and their families:
- Via the shareholder portal at https://qenek.ciri.com
- Via the CIRI website at www.ciri.com/potlatch
- Or by phone at (907) 263-5191 or (800) 764-2474 (choose option 5).
- Smoked Salmon Contest: Enter your smoked salmon for a chance to win $250! Please bring enough salmon for five judges to taste-test.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear traditional regalia.
- Traditional craft activities will be provided for children.
ARTS AND CRAFTS
CIRI shareholders and confirmed descendants who are interested in displaying or selling arts and crafts should email [email protected] or call (907) 274-8638 for information and to reserve space.