Board write-in Candidate Information deadline has closed
As of noon Alaska Standard Time on Wednesday, February 15, the deadline to submit Board write-in candidate information has closed.
Pursuant to CIRI’s Bylaws, no person shall be qualified to serve as a CIRI Director who:
- is not at least 18 years of age.
- is not a voting CIRI Shareholder.
- has been convicted, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, of a felony within five years before the date of the election.
- has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have engaged in fraud or illegal business practices.
- has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have breached a confidentiality agreement with the corporation.
Reminder regarding compliance with state proxy regulations
Alaska law defines proxy solicitations as a request to execute or not to execute, or to revoke a proxy; or the distributing of a proxy or other communication to shareholders under circumstances reasonably calculated to result in the procurement, withholding or revocation of a proxy. Shareholders who campaign or solicit votes/proxies in connection with CIRI’s 2023 Annual Meeting are reminded to become familiar with the State of Alaska’s laws and regulations pertaining to ANCSA proxy solicitation.
As an example, under Alaska regulations, materials or communications distributed via cell phone or published on the internet – including, but not limited to, electronic forums such as blogs, Facebook and other social networking sites– are presumed to be distributed to more than 30 Alaska resident Shareholders and must be filed with the State of Alaska’s Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development, Division of Banking and Securities at the same time they are distributed, published or made available.
Failure to make the required disclosures, failing to file or to timely file the required proxy solicitation materials and/or making a disclosure or other material statement that is false or misleading, could result in the invalidation of proxies, fines, sanctions and other legal remedies. Any questions pertaining to the regulations should be directed to the Division of Banking and Securities.