CIRI Alaska Tourism Corp. (CATC) is the fourth best place to work in Alaska according to a business competition run by Best Companies Group in conjunction with the Alaska Journal of Commerce and the Society for Human Resource Management in Alaska.
The Alaska Journal of Commerce said CATC employees enjoy a fun, high-energy work environment and show a strong sense of pride in the properties they represent.
Judges noted that CATA offers a generous leave policy and enables employees to enjoy Alaska tourism opportunities at complimentary or substantially reduced rates.
The company celebrates the end of its busy tourism seasons by recognizing top employees and rewarding them for achievement, leadership, sales volume, commitment and other areas. It also awards employees length-of-service pins.
The competition recognized CATC medical, dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits, with the option to elect high or low deductibles and adjusted premiums for the employee. These benefits are available to workers after 30 days of employment. CATC also offers a no-cost employee assistance program that provides confidential counseling, financial and legal services to employees. Employees get access to online self-screening services and assistance information on the employee assistance website.
CATC works to be a good corporate citizen by giving its employees opportunities to work at company-affiliated community activities during business hours. CATC also donates products and services to support a variety of community projects and fundraisers.
The 10 best places to work in Alaska, according to the competition, include:
1. Edward Jones, a financial services firm with offices throughout the Railbelt.
2. Meridian Management Inc., an Anchorage project management and environmental services business.
3. Coffman Engineers Inc., an engineering services firm with an Anchorage office.
4. CIRI Alaska Tourism Corp., an Anchorage-based owner of hotels and day-tour boats.
5. TelAlaska Inc., an Anchorage-based rural phone, cable TV and Internet business.
6. PCL Construction Services Inc., a Canada- and U.S.-based firm that has done work in Alaska.
7. Alaska USA Federal Credit Union.
8. Hattenburg Dilley & Linnell, an Anchorage-based engineering firm.
9. Residential Mortgage, an Anchorage-based mortgage originator.
10. Fairbanks Memorial Hospital & Denali Center.
Results are based upon employee surveys and questionnaires completed by company officials regarding benefits, policies and staff demographics.