The CIRI Nominating Committee seeks CIRI shareholders interested in nomination to the 2015 CIRI Board of Directors’ candidate slate. To be considered, all Board slate applicants, including incumbents, must complete and return a candidate nominee application to CIRI by 3 p.m. AKST, Monday, Jan. 19, 2015. Additional information can be found online at ciri.com/election or by contacting CIRI’s Shareholder Relations department.
The Nominating Committee will review all timely applications, conduct selected interviews and recommend candidates to CIRI’s Board of Directors. Based on the Nominating Committee’s recommendations and the Board’s subsequent evaluation, the CIRI Board will name five candidates to the Board-recommended slate.
Director Responsibilities and Experience
CIRI Directors are responsible for initiating and developing the policies that further the goals of the company, while addressing the economic, social and cultural needs of the shareholders. All applicants should be well-rounded and possess a strong business understanding. The Nominating Committee and CIRI Board look for demonstrated decision-making, leadership and communication skills, as well as honesty and integrity. Knowledge of business operations, involvement with Alaska Native issues and a college degree or equivalent business experience are also desired.
Pursuant to CIRI’s by-laws, no person shall be qualified to serve as a CIRI Director who:
(1) is not at least 18 years of age;
(2) is not a voting CIRI shareholder;
(3) has been convicted, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, of a felony within five years before election;
(4) has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have engaged in fraud or illegal business practices; and
(5) has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have breached a confidentiality agreement with the corporation.