2019 BOARD ELECTION
BOARD WRITE-IN CANDIDATE INFORMATION DUE FEB. 14
Shareholders interested in running for the CIRI Board of Directors as a write-in candidate, including those individuals not selected for the Board recommended slate, will have an opportunity to submit information for inclusion in CIRI’s election materials.
In accordance with CIRI’s By-Laws and election policies and procedures, the names, photographs and appropriate personal statements of all eligible write-in candidates will appear in CIRI’s election materials. Completed write-in candidate information packets must be received by CIRI by noon Alaska Standard Time on Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019, via personal delivery at CIRI’s Shareholder Relations Department at 725 E. Fireweed Lane, Suite 800, in Anchorage; by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail at PO Box 93330, Anchorage, Alaska 99509-3330. In addition to being posted to the CIRI website, interested shareholders will be able to obtain write-in candidate information packets from CIRI Shareholder Relations.
There is no charge to a write-in candidate to have his or her appropriate information included. This process enables any eligible CIRI shareholder to run for election to the CIRI Board of Directors with minimal effort and expense, and reduces the number of mailings and materials shareholders receive.
Pursuant to CIRI’s by-laws, no person shall be qualified to serve as a CIRI Director who:
- is not at least 18 years of age;
- is not a voting CIRI shareholder;
- has been convicted, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, of a felony within five years before election;
- has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have engaged in fraud or illegal business practices; and
- has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have breached a confidentiality agreement with the corporation.