To increase participation in certain programs while encouraging shareholders to keep their contact information updated, CIRI periodically conducts prizes drawings from the names of those enrolled who meet certain criteria and have a current mailing address on file with CIRI.
For example, prize drawings are conducted from the names of shareholders who:
- Participate in the Company’s eNewsletter Program;
- Sign up for electronic delivery of certain materials;
- Have their CIRI dividends directly deposited;
- Create Qenek accounts and regularly sign into the portal; and
- Have valid Wills on file that comply with the Company’s fractional share policy.
Prizes are also drawn from the names of confirmed descendants who are not themselves shareholders.
To promote visits to CIRI’s Facebook page, which provides another avenue for the Company to share information, shareholders and descendants who correctly respond to a weekly Facebook trivia question are entered into a drawing for a small promotional item. Additionally, to ensure the presence of a quorum, CIRI provides a mix of prizes* in connection with its Annual Meetings of Shareholders. Shareholders attending other CIRI events are also typically eligible to participate in door prize drawings.
Prizes valued over $100 are reported to the Internal Revenue Service by CIRI on the appropriate tax form on or before January 31 of the subsequent year. Shareholders are responsible for any applicable state and federal taxes.