Dividend distributions

Elders’ Settlement Trust payments
The third quarter CIRI Elders’ Settlement Trust payment of $450 is scheduled for September 13, with the final 2013 Elders’ payment scheduled for December 13.
Original shareholders who are 65 years of age or older and who own at least one share of CIRI stock as of the distribution dates are eligible to receive the Elders Trust payments. For the September distribution, eligible Elders who have their CIRI dividends directly deposited will have their trust payments electronically transmitted by 6 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time on Friday, September 13. Eligible Elders who do not participate in direct deposit will have their payments mailed in check form on September 13.
Third Quarter Dividend 
The CIRI Board of Directors announced a third quarter 2013 dividend amount of $8.41 per share.
If you own 100 shares of stock, your third quarter dividend will be $841. All third quarter dividends will be mailed on Monday, Sept. 30, 2013. If you participate in direct deposit, your dividend will be electronically transmitted by 6 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time on September 30.
Direct Deposit Deadlines
The deadline for signing up for direct deposit or changing an existing direct deposit instruction is 3 p.m. on Tuesday, September 3, for the September Elders’ Trust distribution, and 3 p.m. on Wednesday, September 18, for the third quarter dividend. Direct deposit forms are available from the Shareholder Relations Department, and may be printed from the CIRI website. To cancel direct deposit, please submit a signed, written request prior to 3 p.m. on September 3 for the September Elders’ Trust distribution, and 3 p.m. on September 18 for the third quarter dividend.
Address Changes
Checks and direct deposit vouchers for the September Elders’ Settlement Trust distribution will be mailed to the address CIRI has on record as of 3 p.m. on Thursday, September 5, and third quarter dividend checks and vouchers will mail to the address CIRI has on record as of 3 p.m. on Friday, September 20. Checks cannot be picked up at the CIRI office.
A large number of quarterly checks and direct deposit vouchers were returned to CIRI as undeliverable during the second quarter. A list of shareholders who do not have a current mailing address on record is continually updated and located on the CIRI website.
To ensure receipt of CIRI mail – including dividends – shareholders should immediately notify the Shareholder Relations Department of address changes and should also update the address on file with the U.S. Postal Service. If the address on the CIRI records does not match the address on file with the Postal Service, CIRI mail and dividends may be returned as undeliverable. When this occurs CIRI must place the shareholder’s records on hold, and any distributions issued in connection with the CIRI shares are held pending receipt of a valid address.
If your address has changed, please send a signed Address Change Form to CIRI and include a current telephone number so CIRI may contact you with any questions. If you fail to notify CIRI of your new address before the deadline, and your check is sent to your old address, CIRI cannot reissue that check to you unless it is either returned to Shareholder Relations or a minimum of 90 days has elapsed. Change of address forms can be mailed to CIRI at P.O. Box 93330, Anchorage, AK 99509, or faxed to (907) 263-5186. All faxed requests should be followed up with a call to confirm the fax was received.
Online forms and information on changing your address or submitting a mail forwarding request with the U.S. Postal Service are available on the Postal Service website, and are also available at your local post office.
Tax Reminder
As a reminder, dividends represent taxable income to shareholders and portions of the Elders’ payments are also taxable. Although CIRI is unable to withhold taxes from distributions, shareholders who anticipate owing tax on their distributions have the option of making quarterly estimated tax payments directly to the IRS. To find out more about applicable federal and state tax requirements or making quarterly estimated tax payments, please consult with a tax advisor or contact the IRS directly.