Submitted by CIRI shareholder Bernadene Henrie of Anchorage
Start to finish: 75 minutes (55 minutes active)
Servings: About 48 cookies
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sifted powdered sugar, plus more for rolling
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (Mexican vanilla preferred)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the butter. Add vanilla and ½ cup powdered sugar to butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, measure out 2 cups, and sift again with the salt.
- Mix the flour mixture with butter mixture. Add chopped pecans.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar again.
The Raven’s Circle would like to feature our readers’ favorite recipes! To submit visit www.ciri.com/recipe.