Board Write-in Candidate Information due Feb. 19
As in the past, all shareholders interested in running for the CIRI Board of Directors as write-in candidates, including those individuals not selected for the Board-recommended slate, will have an opportunity to submit their information for inclusion in CIRI’s election materials.
Write-in candidate information packets will be available from CIRI Shareholder Relations and posted on CIRI’s website no later than Friday, Jan. 31. Completed write-in candidate information packets must be received by CIRI by noon Alaska Standard Time on Wednesday, Feb. 19.
In accordance with CIRI’s By-Laws and election policies and procedures, the names, photographs and accurate and appropriate personal statements of all eligible write-in candidates will appear in CIRI’s election materials. There is no charge to a write-in candidate to have this information included. This process enables any eligible CIRI shareholder to run for election to the CIRI Board of Directors with minimal effort and expense and reduces the number of mailings and materials shareholders receive.
Pursuant to CIRI’s By-Laws, no person shall be qualified to serve as a CIRI Director who:
- Is not at least 18 years of age;
- Is not a voting CIRI shareholder;
- Has been convicted, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, of a felony within five years before election;
- Has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have engaged in fraud or illegal business practices; or
- Has been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have breached a confidentiality agreement with the corporation.
For more information, visit ciri.com/shareholders/being-a-shareholder/voting/elections.