This recipe is adapted from the one used at the CIRI and The CIRI Foundation Friendship Potlatches each fall.
Start to finish: 60 minutes (15 minutes active)
Servings: Approximately 4
Large halibut fillet (approximately 1.5 pounds)
Red bell pepper
Jesse’s Fish Sauce
1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken condensed soup
¼ to ½ cup whole milk, depending on the consistency you prefer
2 ounces diced green chilies
Larry’s Special Sauce
½ cup milk
½ cup mayonnaise
1 cup ranch dressing
1. Heat oven to 400 F.
2. Split halibut lengthwise into two fillets.
3. Spray a baking dish thoroughly with cooking spray and line with foil.
4. Place one fillet in baking dish and season with onion salt, pepper, parsley and dill.
5. Cover with foil and cook 15 minutes.
6. While fish is cooking, mix up one of the cream sauces above.
7. Spread half the cream sauce over the first fillet and repeat seasonings.
8. Layer second halibut fillet over sauce, cover with remaining sauce, and top with lemon and onion slices.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove foil and add red bell pepper slices. Bake for 20 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with dill and cook an additional 10 minutes.