CIRI’s internship program for shareholders and descendants is intended to increase shareholder relevance and deepen engagement with the next generation entering the workforce. The program creates opportunities for students and recent graduates to directly apply their education in a practical work setting while gaining excellent experience and insight into CIRI’s culture and businesses. CIRI Interns will be provided development and mentorship opportunities in a variety of career fields.
- Must be a CIRI shareholder or descendant
- GPA of 2.0 or above
- Enrolled in a two- or four-year degree program OR;
- Graduated from a two- or four-year degree program within the past year OR;
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from a vocational program that is relevant to position applied.
Why choose an internship with CIRI?
- Connect with your Alaska Native heritage through cultural workshops.
- Paid internship from approximately June through August.
- Build a network of professional contacts.
- Prepare for the transition from student to working professional.
- Exposure to careers you may not have previously considered.
- Gain valuable experience for your resume.
How to Apply
- Application period is open year round. Applications must be received by Friday, April 28 to be considered for the 2023 program.
- Visit the Careers Page to apply.
- Positions vary each year.
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why they are interested and how their education and career goals align with an area/department in which they hope to gain work experience.
- For questions, please email [email protected].
2023 Intern Position Opportunities
Shareholder and Descendant Programs Intern
The Shareholder and Descendant programs intern will be heavily involved in behind the scenes planning for all programs, including CIRI’s art contest, the internship program, mentorship program, and more. This intern will also contribute creatively to the way culture is woven into all programs and help with the creation of content that promotes CIRI’s programs.
Corporate Communications Intern
The corporate communications intern will have the opportunity to learn about CIRI’s social media strategy, contribute to content creation, learn how to work with CIRI’s website design, and assist with various writing projects including preparing articles for CIRI’s Raven’s Circle newsletter. A communications or marketing education path would be the best fit for this position, however, anyone with an interest in learning more about communications is invited to apply.
Energy, Lands and Resources Intern
This internship would have an energy focus, but would rotate through the Energy, Lands and Resources department and learn from different team members. This position is ideal for someone interested in learning how to advance energy projects and perform research.
Information Technology Intern
The IT intern will gain a basic understanding of corporate IT practices and explore their interest in them. They will gain practical experience that will advance their problem-solving and communication skills. Primary responsibilities will include scripting and automation projects, troubleshooting, workstation moves/changes and cybersecurity.
An intern in CIRI’s legal department would be exposed to general corporate law and functions of the department. This may include assisting with research related to general corporate law, Indian/ANCSA law, and contract law as well as general discovery issues, document preparation and other administrative duties. The ideal candidate for this internship would be someone who has been accepted to and/or is currently attending law school.
The accounting intern will be exposed to the basic functions of the accounting department and work on a project related to CIRI’s 7(i) agreement. The perfect candidate for this position is someone in their third- or fourth-year accounting related four-year degree program.
North Wind Group Internship Opportunities
Internship opportunities are available in various locations across the country in the following areas: Cyber Security Analyst, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Human Resources, Civil Engineering, Electrical.