With the goal of providing professional and personal enrichment to maximize potential, develop skills, improve performance and achieve goals, CIRI’s virtual mentoring program provides mentorship in several areas—careers, culture, board membership and more.
Unlike traditional top-down mentoring, CIRI’s program cultivates a reciprocal relationship between mentor and mentee, where each participant develops his/her skills through a two-way transfer of experience and perspective. CIRI will host orientations and monthly workshops/events for both mentors and mentees. Participants will gain exposure to virtual networking opportunities; form lasting relationships; and learn about resources and information to benefit their personal and professional development.
Matching is be done through a competitive process, and CIRI helps guide and support the program. Participants must be 18+ and can live anywhere in the world. Mentee applicants should be CIRI shareholders or descendants; prospective mentors can come from the broader community.
- Leverage experience to benefit mentees
- Opportunity to hone interpersonal and managerial skills
- Expand perspectives and ways of thinking
- Engage with and help develop the next generation of CIRI shareholders and descendants
- Satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Perpetuation of knowledge, culture and values
- Networking opportunities with other professionals
- Gain valuable insight from subject matter experts in the area(s) of desired mentorship
- Form lasting relationships
- Play to strengths and identify areas of improvement and growth
- Gain exposure to a variety of viewpoints and perspectives
- Access to professional development resources and information
- Accomplish goals and gain confidence
- Receive customized coaching and encouragement
- Remove barriers and celebrate successes!