CIRI strives to print an obituary for all its Shareholders; obituaries may be published for CIRI’s Descendants as space allows.
A link to submit an obituary electronically is at the bottom of this page. Before you begin, please review the below Guidelines.
- Only one obituary will be published for each deceased person. Once an obituary has been received, additional obituaries will not be accepted.
- Although each obituary notice is unique, CIRI requires the general format to be the same, which achieves a presentation that is respectful to all families.
- Due to space limitations, obituaries may not exceed 125 words.
- CIRI reserves the right to edit obituaries for clarity, available space and news style.
- We cannot guarantee placement in a particular newsletter edition.
- Obituaries should be submitted within six months of the date of death.
- You may submit an obituary either online or by mail (please do not submit both).
- For online submissions, we suggest you type your obituary in another platform (Word, Notepad, etc.) and then copy the text and paste it into the appropriate narrative box on the online form.
- Please verify dates and spelling of all information provided.
- Type in upper and lower case. Please do not include words or names in all CAPS.
- Click the “Submit” button.
Ready to submit an electronic obituary (online submission)?
Print the Obituary Submission Form or, if you prefer to receive the form by mail, call CIRI’s Probate staff at (907) 263-5540 or toll-free at (833) 263-5136 and select option 6.
Please print legibly when completing the form and verify dates and spelling of all information provided.
Mail the completed form to:
Cook Inlet Region, Inc.
P.O. Box 93330
Anchorage, AK 99509-3330