CIRI invites Shareholders and confirmed Descendants to serve on the CIRI Participation Committee. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your knowledge of and strengthen ties with CIRI; network with your fellow Shareholders and Descendants, CIRI staff and Board Directors; and provide your voice and perspective to your corporation.
The purpose of the CIRI Participation Committee is to:
- Increase Shareholder and Descendant communication with the corporation.
- Identify issues of immediate and long-term importance to Shareholders and Descendants.
- Assist the corporation in educating Shareholders and Descendants on CIRI’s mission and values, business operations, corporate policies, Shareholder and Descendant opportunities and other matters.
- Appropriately represent CIRI’s Shareholder and Descendant demographics, including Anchorage, Alaska (outside Anchorage/Mat-Su), and the Lower 48 and Hawaii.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Shareholder or confirmed Descendant at least 18 years of age.
- Have access to a telephone and email.
- Not have been convicted, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, of a felony within five years of applying to serve.
- Not have been found, as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, to have engaged in fraud or illegal business practices, or to have breached a confidentiality agreement with the corporation. CIRI Directors, management staff and their immediate family members (i.e., husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, children) are not eligible to serve on a committee, nor are CIRI employees or directors and management staff of CIRI subsidiaries or socially driven enterprises.
Application and selection process:
- Click here to apply. The application deadline is June 30, 2023.
- CIRI makes every effort to select members who represent the diversity of our Shareholders and Descendants.
- Members will serve two-year terms that begin at the time of selection and expire at the Annual Meeting two years later.
- Former members must typically wait six years before being eligible to serve again.
- There are typically two meetings per year and any necessary travel arrangements are made by CIRI. Members are compensated $150 per meeting day.